- We're Recruiting: Financial Controller (Full-time or Part-time) Competitive Package
21st Feb 2017
Based in Salford, Greater Manchester Crescent Purchasing is looking for a Financial Controller to join our Senior Management Team. The role will be 29 - 36.25 hours per week (0.8 FTE up to full-time).
The successful candidate will join a well-established not-for-profit organisation with a great reputation in the Education sector. We are proud to provide our College, Academy and Schools members with specialist advice on best spending practices and how to obtain best value for money. This is a great opportunity to get involved with a growing organisation working to deliver our portfolio of EU tendered frameworks across a wide variety of products and services.
Position: Financial Controller
Location: Salford, Manchester
Salary: £Competitive salary + performance related bonus, 27 holidays per annum plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part-time.) To discuss the package available please email email@example.com
About the Role
This role will be responsible for ensuring that all Crescent Purchasing Consortium (CPC) financial and corporate governance activities are legally compliant and conform to best accountancy practice. The role will manage all aspects of the Business Services Team ensuring the probity and effectiveness of finance related systems and reporting mechanisms. It will also ensure effective delivery of high value / high profile projects relating to the company operation. In addition to managing the Business Services team, you will form an integral part of the Senior Management Team, helping to shape CPC’s business strategy.
Some of the key duties you will be responsible for:
- Managing all financial and accounting operations, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting
- Development of internal policies and procedures to govern financial compliance
- Co-ordinating and managing the preparation of budgets and forecasts, reporting on variances and producing supporting documentation for approval by Trustees where required
- Ensuring credit control function is efficient, effective and completed in a timely manner
- Ensuring month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounts are produced in a timely and accurate manner and liaising with auditors over timely completion and filing with necessary authorities
- Responsible for delivery of audited accounts and for managing relationship with external auditors to ensure legal obligations are met
- Responsible for the successful delivery of special projects covering the company operation and external support services
- Provide management and leadership to the Business Services team, ensuring they are aligned to the strategic and operational requirements of the CPC and that continuity of service is maintained
- As part of the SMT, help shape CPC business strategy and ensure adherence to and performance against CPC vision, aims and company targets
- As part of the SMT take a full role in company strategic planning alongside the Managing Director
We are looking for ACA, ACCA, ACMA or CIPFA certified person with extensive knowledge of every aspect of GAAP. In addition the successful candidate will have:
- Substantial experience working within a strategic financial role post-qualification
- Experience of working within a comparable role in an SME or charity would be desirable
- Experience of inputting to long-term strategic planning and experience of developing and writing strategic reports / business cases suitable for dissemination at Board level
- Excellent knowledge of financial and spreadsheet software packages such as Sage and Excel
- Experience of managing and leading multi-discipline / cross-functional teams
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of an organisation and with external agencies, both verbally and in writing
- Willing to undertake further training or CPD as is deemed applicable and appropriate to the support and development of the CPC
- A full UK driving licence is highly desirable for business travel as is the facility to use own car as occasions demand.
In return we offer an attractive package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday per annum plus 3 additional days between Christmas and New Year plus statutory bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
Please see the links below to view the full job description and also to apply for this role. If you would like further information regarding the application process or the role please contact Karen Stout on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 974 0944.
How to Apply
Please download and complete the Application Form (PDF | DOC) and return this by email or post (marked confidential) to:
Corporate Services Manager
Crescent Purchasing Ltd